Condiments / Ranch Salad Dressing Recipe
Originally created at the Hidden Valley Guest Ranch in Santa Barbara in the 1950s and widely available in grocery stores. This recipe is a natural way to enjoy the great flavor of Ranch Dressing and is as flavorful as any. Crushing the garlic into the salt is a bit labor intensive but worth the extra effort. Great as a vegetable dip and excellent with the addition of crumbled bacon.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 fat pinches of kosher salt, about 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or sour cream
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Chives, chopped small
- Black Pepper
- More salt if necessary
Mash garlic into the salt until it makes a paste. Place garlic mash into bowl and stir in remaining ingredients.
Taste and adjust the salt. That's it, use or refrigerate until ready to use.